Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Florida running.

One word drescribes the initial experience - hot.  Even if you were a runner before coming to Florida, running here is like starting your running program over again.  When I leave the condo in the morning to go off on my run, the temperature is 80 degrees and the humidity is about the same number.  After only a couple blocks I've started to sweat.  Long before my run is over my tee shirt and running shorts are dripping wet  
   
Nonetheless, I wouldn't trade it for any other exercise, particularly here.  I love running along the Bay front.  The smell of salt water.  The sight of boats in marinas and anchored out.  A breeze off of the Bay.  I am reminded of all those years running on so many different islands of the Caribbean, and those are wonderful memories to ponder.  But running here is better for me now.  Unlike the islands, it's flat here, and there are good walkways and parks for running on away from cars and trucks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment