Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My quest to continue messing around in boats. Part 2

I've made the rounds in the network of boat brokers, harbor masters, sailing school and charter operations that are walking distance to downtown St Petersburg.  I'll have follow up conversations with several of those contacts over the next couple weeks.  I've been pleased with the friendly responses I've met. 
But here are the challenges everyone in the yachting business face:  the economy is as bad as anyone can recall, hurricane season is closing in, and the Gulf oil mess has stained the image of boating around here.  People I've spoken to have hunkered own, are determined to survive, and emerge at the other end of this with thriving businesses.  When that happens they well be happy to utilize my services.   

Meanwhile, I'm about to expand my range.  I'll get around to visiting brokers, harbormasters and so on that are located driving distance from downtown St Petersburg.  I have the impression that prospects there may be even more slim, but I must of course cover all bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment