Monday, August 2, 2010

Where's Cathy this week?



Cathy left today for Biloxi where the Gulf of Mexico Alliance will conduct a series of workshops and meeting that will continue until Thursday afternoon.  Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus, former Governor of Mississippi, and the man President Obama's appointed to draw up the federal government's recovery plan for the Gulf, will speak at a plenary session on Wednesday. Cathy flies home (St Petersburg) on Friday.


As for me.

This is the dead center of slow season for yacht charters and sailing schools.  I don't expect opportunities for freelance work until the Tanpa Boat Show September 10 - 12.  Until then, I've got sailboats to get out on and build local knowledge of the cruising grounds.

   

1 comment:

  1. You mean not so FREE lance. :) I was sailing out of Punta Gorda which is a great bay to sail in. Matter of fact Lou did a sail with me there.

    ReplyDelete