Thursday, August 26, 2010

Full and busy week

Cathy's been away since Sunday morning.  That evening in Moblie she began a week that has been busy with a long list of meetings that include state and city officials, businessmen, fishermen, and others who have been deeply affected by the BP oil spill and who are deeply unhappy with BP's response to their needs. 

I think it's shameful that the talking heads of the media are not all over their stories rather than a mosque in New York City.

In Cathy's absence I've been fully occupied with lesson planning for my six days of sailing instruction that begins Saturday.  There's a large volume of material to cover in that time.  I need to be well organised.  These days spent preparing have been vital.  I'm feeling confidence that this will be a success. 

But not over-confidence.  There are a variety of things that can go wrong when sailing with novices.  I must not allow any of them can happen on my watch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment