Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend of sailing on Tampa Bay

I was invited to ride along on a Florida Sailing ASA Coastal Cruising class taught by one of the best ASA instructors I've ever had the pleasure of working with - Dapt Dan.  The teaching platform was a well equipped Beneteau 37 in excellent condition.  The two students, Peter and George, were good crew as well as good students.

Peter (at the helm) and George


Capt Dan caught napping (not really) and Peter.

On our second day of sailing, with the written exam and on the water exercises out of the way, we cruisied across Tampa Bay to Little Harbor Resort.  We didn't have time to stop, nonetheless, it was fun to cruise to a destination and arrive some place I've never been to before.  I think that is what I most enjoy about sailing.  One day soon I'll take Cathy on a day sail back there and stop in for lunch.    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment