Thursday, August 19, 2010

SkipperRoy gets to work

I’ve written about my efforts to introduce myself and network in the St Petersburg sailing community with the hope of finding opportunities to pick up freelance gigs. A couple weeks ago I wrote that August was the dead center of slow season for yacht charters and sailing schools, but that I had reason to think I’d start getting some work around the time of the Tampa Boat Show.



Yesterday I got a call from the Director of Development for the Recreational Powerboating Association (RPBA). He’d gotten my name from Dave Amann, proprietor of Florida Sailing, with whom I’d met and talked charter and sailing school business a few weeks ago. The RPBA is inaugurating a new boat show program to introduce the public to boating with opportunities to participate in on-the-water boat handling clinics. This program is the result of a partnership with National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and Discover Boating.



The bottom line is, I will spend the three days of the Tampa Boat Show (Sept 10, 11, and 12) conducting mini on-the-water power boat handling clinics.

That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment