Friday, January 11, 2013

Running


The St Petersburg Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon is February 10th - just over four weeks away.  I signed up to do it more than a couple weeks ago, but haven’t gotten very serious about preparing for it - until this morning, when I did an hour long run. 

It was my first hour long run in several months.  I felt like my pace was slow.  The ankle that was such a big problem for me this time last year recently flared up again.  I ran carefully, as well as slowly, to protect the ankle.  But today, it wasn’t an issue. 

After today’s successful run and then a shower, I sat down over my calendar and plotted out a training schedule to get me to the February 10th event.  My goal is to do the half marathon in 1 hour and 45 minutes.  I’ve planned runs on alternate days until the event.  Most of those runs will be shorter than today’s, but I need to do another hour long run, two 1 hour 15 minute runs, and two 1 hour 30 minute runs.  So long as I can stay injury free, I’ll get it done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment