Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back to blogging with a ringing endorsement.


I've been off the air for several months for reasons too complex and lenghy to eplain now.  But with the New Year and refocused priorities, I'm back.

I'll start by sharing an email written by a recent student of mine. 
 
Capt. Dave Amann, President
Sailing Florida Charters & Sailing School
Dear Capt. Dave,
On Dec 10 & 11, 2012, my friend Ed and I joined Capt. Roy and a
young man in your employ whose name I forget for a two day, one night
course on cruising fundamentals (ASA 104). For me it was an outstanding
learning experience, largely due to Capt. Roy's excellent technical
expertise, his careful, articulate and complete explanations about the
various systems on the boat. His vast sailing experience gave him
anecdotal examples of how systems fail and how to respond to trouble.
He was very caring and kind, treating us as friends and colleagues,
rather than students, willing to go the extra mile to make sure we
understood. Conditions were less than ideal, with 25 knot wind, a
broken main clew attachment, and soaking rain and darkness. At all
times, his calmness was infectious and lent confidence to us.
I am a retired physician, and have had many good and not so good
instructors. Capt. Roy Rogers is right up there with the best. I would
recommend him and your school to anybody who asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment