Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

The plan was to take the entire long weekend off, rent a pick-up truck, load up my R-6 race bike and all the gear that goes with riding it, then drive up to Jennings for two days of tearing around the track   It's been three months since I last rode and I've been itching to do so.  Holiday Monday I would spend at home with Cathy. 

 

I did rent a pick-up truck for the weekend, but the rest of the plan did not happen. 

 

Instead of driving to the track on Saturday, I was at the marina all day taking care of charter operations.  Such is the continuing level of business activity at Sailing Florida.  There was simply too much going on for me to be away.  Instead of going to the track I used the pick-up for trips to our storage unit to sort and bring home boxes of clothing, kitchen items, and miscellaneous things that have been packed away for more than a year.  It was not our first choice for how we'd spend our long weekend, but it seemed necessary and I had the pick-up truck to get it done. 

 

Moving boxes from storage to the truck, then from the truck up to the condo - in summer humidity and heat - was tough work.  That's how we spent Sunday and the holiday Monday.  After unpacking and sorting through the contents of all those boxes, we made several trips to the Good Will donations drop-off.  It was a lot of work, and it wasn't fun.  But now our belongings from the Portland condo are now here in the St Petersburg condo.  We have dozens of framed photos and pieces of artwork to hang yet, but most of the rest of our stuff is organized, or nearly so.

 

Last week we sent out invitations to our Open House Warming Party on June 9th.  I think we might soon be ready for the event.     

No comments:

Post a Comment