Monday, June 18, 2012

House Warming Party

It feels like it has been weeks since I last wrote.  Perhaps it has been.   I’ve been too busy to keep track of time.  Too busy to take time to write.  Too busy to run as regularly as I like.  Too busy…

The Open House Warming Party we hosted here last Saturday was a hit.  Getting there was like crossing a finish line.  It was a race to finish the final touches of decorating the condo.  People began arriving right on time while Cathy and I were still setting out drinks and hors d'oeuvres.  And once the calls from the call box began, the calls kept coming.  Others arrived without a call – people who lived in the building.  Soon our space upstairs was filled.  I went around mentioning to people that the two young guys who work with us at the marina, Sean and Kevin, had set up a keg of beer on the balcony off of our bedroom on the lower floor.  Soon a second party formed down there. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment