Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Delivery postponed. Another trip booked.

Received an email yesterday from the owners of the 36' catamaran presently in the Turks and Caicos.  I was to join them on July 5th to help them sail to Virgin Gorda.  The email informed me of their decision to put off moving the boat until after hurricane season. 

I understand their reasoning and do not disagree.  Still, when you're expecting to go off on an adventure in less than a week, and then learn it's been postponed for several months, it's only natural to feel some disappointment. 

Then last evening, with Cathy at home from her most recent trip, we decided on and booked a trip we've talked about for some time.  We're going on an Alaskan cruise in August. 

We've had plans for months now to return to Portland in early August to attend a wedding.  I've been asking her if she could arrange some extra time away to go on an Alaskan cruise.  Finally she committed and last night I booked the trip.  August 12 to the 20th on board the Holland America ship Westerdam. 

Cathy and I have done several cruises on yachts, but never one on  a cruise ship.   

No comments:

Post a Comment