Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another trip soon

This morning via email I received the ticket that was purchased for me to fly to the Turks and Caicos on July 5.  A nice young couple who I used to coach on their 20' sailboat back in Portland now has a 36' catamaran.  They've cruised it south along the east coast and through the Bahamas and to the T&C.  Now they want my help moving the boat from there to Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands.  The challenge is that while that's only about 500 nautical miles as the Frigate Bird flies, it's dead to windward and against a current.  I expect we'll sail at least twice that distance to get there, in seas that are typically 6 feet or more.  It'll be a long, rough trip.  I'm budgeting one week minimum.  Could be gone for two weeks.       

No comments:

Post a Comment