Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Catching up with current events

I haven't been keeping up with this very well.  As I said earlier - I post up more often on Facebook, but even there I'm not as up to date as I could be.

So here's where we are:
Cathy's up in DC again this week facilitating a series of meetings concerning the Gulf Taskforce. 
I spent last weekend on the Hunter 45' center cockpit boat teaching a bareboat chartering course.

This week so far I've been on the dock helping with some much needed repairs and maintenance on the boats.  However, this afternoon I'll do a half day sail on the Catalina 45 with St Petersburg friends and their daughter and son-in-law and their 2 kids.  Interesting thing about this group is the daughter and son-in-law are both colonels in the Army, soon to be posted in Germany for 2 years.

This weekend will be another busy one on the dock helping charterers get off on their cruises.  Furthermore, on Saturday, there will be two weddings close to our Sailing Florida family:  Capt Dave's daughter gets married in Tropicana Field, and friend and former sailing student Dr Beth Terry gets married at the St Petersburg Yacht Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment