Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My lovely toy

Back in Portland, my pal Gary visited Cycletune recently and took video of my rebuilt and repainted racebike.  It's awesome! 
(That's my tuner - Chris Vandervoort, former Honda Superbike raceteam mechanic - who starts the bike.) 

Before coming to St Petersburg I raced this bike - an '03 Yamaha R6 - at the roadrace course in Portland, as well as Infineon (formerly Sears Point) in California and Pacific Raceways in Washington.  I collected a few trophies for my efforts.  But riding this machine is mostly about the incredible rush.  It's as close as I'll ever get to flying an F/A-18. 

I can't wait to get it shipped here.  I doubt that I will enter races with it.  It's 8 years old now and no longer competitive with current bikes.  But I will do occasional trackdays with it .  I'm eager to show up at the Palm Beach and Homestead tracks and show the local riders what this old bike and even older rider can do. 


Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment