Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunday morning - first time in my new role at Sailing Florida

Patrick, the fleet manager for Sailing Florida, asked me to take care of a briefing with charterers on our Beneteau 32.  I'd used this boat before when teaching an ASA course, so I had some familiarity with it's systems.  Working with a charterer again, after being away from the business for so many years, was genuinely fun.  I got them going and on their way and then discovered another charterer on our Beneteau 37 having an issue with the Yanmar engine.  I jumped on and scoped it out.  After making an adjustment to a v-belt, that boat was ready to go too. 

This business of taking care of charterers and their boats was for me like being back in the Virgin Islands in the '90's.  It seemed as natural as breathing fresh air.  I walked back to our condo with a smile.     

No comments:

Post a Comment