Monday, October 4, 2010

Delivery Disappointment

I was supposed to be flying to LaGuardia today.  I have the ticket that was purchased for me.  But Saturday I learned that the boat that I was supposed to help bring down to Florida is being sold.  The new owner is in Boston, so the boat won’t be going anywhere.  The delivery is off. 

I was very disappointed. I was eager to do that trip. I was also counting the money I’d earn. It looked like I’d be left unoccupied and unpaid while Cathy goes off to DC next Sunday for two weeks of more of her leadership training program.


But yesterday I got good news. I was offered a gig teaching ASA curriculum - 3 different levels of sailing over 6 days. I accepted right away. That will keep me occupied while Cathy’s away and replace most of the income I was going to make on the delivery.

That’s another example of how kind St Petersburg has been to me. Even when something goes wrong, it still turns out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment