Friday, September 17, 2010

Week of quiet productivity


My Coast Guard license is due for renewal in the spring of '11.  I've gotten a head start on the process so that I can get it off my plate before I get busy with other things, like hopefully, more teach sailing gigs, yacht deliveries and charters.

I've scheduled myself to take the Deck License Renewal exam next Monday evening, so this week I've been studying for it.  I'm feeling prepared. 

After passing that exam I'll only have the physical and drug screening left.  I'll submit my renewal paperwork 6 months before my current license lapses.  That may sound over eager, but I've heard the Coast Guard is about 3 months behind on processing applications, so I'm merely being prudent.

Anyway, better to get the headache of this process over and done with while I have time on my hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment