Monday, September 27, 2010

CommodoreRoy?

Cathy and I agreed early on that it would be a sin to live here in St Petersburg and not take advantage of the great sailing on Tampa Bay.  After some research I found the best answer for us was to join the Flagship Sailing Club.  For a monthly membership fee we get unlimited use their Catalina 27s or a Catalina 30.  It's a great deal.  The membership is less than what marina fees alone would cost if you owned a boat, plus there is no cost for fuel, maintenance or repairs.  Pretty unbelievable.
  

Some of the more active club members got together some weeks back to form a committee with the objective of gathering ideas to improve the club, organise club events, and make it more socially interactive.  I attended the inaugural meeting but missed the follow up meeting last week.  Punishment for missing that meeting was harsh.  They appointed me the club's Commodore.  Now I'm up to my Margaritaville ball cap organising club events and wading through emails related thereto.

No comments:

Post a Comment