Monday, May 2, 2011

Yacht delivery!

"Hozro" is a Lagoon 37' catamaran, which can be chartered through Sailing Florida.  Wednesday, May 4th, I will fly to Mexico to sail "Hozro" back to St Petersburg. 


The owner of "Hozro" is participating in the St Petersburg Yacht Club's race to Isla Mujeres.  I've been given the job of skippering the boat back. 


Yacht deliveries are always an adventure.  I'll have a crew of three Sailing Florida's sailing school alumni along as crew.  It will be their first open water passage and my first delivery across the Gulf of Mexico.  The plan is to depart Isla Mujeres on Friday, May 6th.  The winds will determine how long the passage will take, but I need to have the boat back to St Petersburg by May 12.  I'll post reports here and on Facebook as I can.   

No comments:

Post a Comment