Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Back from the delivery

My delivery crew and I got back to St Petersburg late last Thursday evening.  Contrary winds, light variable wind, no wind, and contrary currents made it long trip.  The weather was good - too good.  The only clouds we saw were the clouds of stars in the Milky Way.  A vast high pressure area settled over the Gulf during our trip which left us drifing windlessly for too many hours and days. 

We were visited several mornings by dolphins and my crew got lots of photos and videos.  I'll post some as I get them, but below are a few of my own.  Note how windless and smooth the surface is, providing an aquarium-like view through the water.

There's much more I could say about the trip but lack time to do so.  Our friends from Germany, Carsten and Viola, arrived in St Petersburg while I was in Mexico.  Any time off we have is spent visiting with them, but there's been little time off.  The day following our return I was back at it on the dock helping to get several charter parties organised for their own cruises. 



No comments:

Post a Comment