Saturday, March 9, 2013

Fleming 55 trawlers

During a recent overnight at the Twin Dolphin Marina I saw these sister-ships and had to stop and take a photo. Back in the 80s I captained an older sister to these for a year and a half cruise to South America and back.

I skippered it from Ft Lauderdale, down to the Keys, across to the Bahamas, south and east to the Turks and Caicos. Then on to the Virgin Islands. South through the Leeward and Windward Islands of the Antilles. All the way down to Venezuela and the Los Roques archipelago to the north. And then I did the return trip.

It was my best gig ever.

The Fleming is an incredibly capable and comfortable cruising vessel. Every time I see one I have to stop and look at those lines. Every time I see one it conjures up powerful memories of that amazing cruise.


Skipperroy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment