Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Running disaster.

Running is my mainstay. For decades I have relied on running for my emotional as well as physical wellbeing. If I go more than a day or two without a run, I feel the fire of life within burning less intensely.

But now I have an injured ankle. I've been ramping up for a half marathon in February. Recently, when nearing the end of a long run my ankle began to hurt. I took some extra time off to recover, but when I tried a short slow run the pain again flared up.

I'm off running until I can see a sports medicine doctor. I'm hoping the doctor can get me back to some level of running soon. I need my mainstay. I don't want to miss the half marathon.

Meanwhile, I'll try to offset the loss of running with more bicycle riding.


Skipperroy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment