Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer

I'm astonished to find that we're into August already.  The summer is flashing by.  Sailing Florida continues to keep me busy.  I spent this last weekend teaching.  I expect there will be mechanical work for me on various boats at the marina this week.

On Friday Cathy and I will fly back to Pacific Northwest for two busy weeks.  We'll be involved in wedding activities all next weekend.  On Monday I'll participate in a motorcycle trackday at Portland International Raceway riding an R6 that my friend Amy has generously offered to share with me.  It will be a blast being at my old home track, seeing some old racing pals, getting in laps on an R6 that potentially is even faster than my own.  The remainder of the week, until Thursday, Cathy and I will be visiting various friends around Portland.  Then we'll drive up to Seattle to see friends there, and on Saturday we get on a cruise ship for a week-long cruise up to Alaska. 

That takes us right up to August 20, when we return to St Petersburg.  On August 22 I'm slated to start a week-long teaching gig.  That will pretty well takes care of the month of August. 

And then we'll be into September - end of summer and the heart of hurricane season.

No comments:

Post a Comment