Saturday, February 5, 2011

Back to work

I was gone for eleven days, but it felt as thought I'd been away for much longer.  Each of those eleven days was filled to capacity.  Each day I was up early and hit the ground running.  Dealing with our new car, our old car, my race bike.  Preparing for the pack and move.  Cleaning and touch ups around the condo prior to listing it for sale.  Then the long drive back to St Petersburg.

Being back here in warm temperatures and back on the dock with our fleet of boats felt wonderful, but at the same time I felt out of touch.  I needed conversations with Capt Dave, Capt Patrick and Kyle to understand what had been going on with the boats, what was scheduled to go out next and what the priorities should be. 

Yesterday, Friday, I was back in my charter captain uniform (golf shirt, khaki shorts and Tevas) and on the dock reacquainting myself with the boats, doing dozens of chores on them, making them ready for charter.  We are entering our busiest time of the year.  The next few months will be hectic.  But that's how we like it. 

It's good to be back.       

No comments:

Post a Comment