Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sea-time

Since the Christmas and New Years holidays I've been out sailing just three times: two Sunset Sails and one afternoon of Team Building match racing.  That's well below my usual sea-time rate, which has been one day in three. 

This coming week I'll catch up with sea-time.  Beginning Tuesday I start teaching a cycle of ASA courses.  I'll be on the water for six consecutive days: two days on a Beneteau 323, two days on a Hunter 386, two days on a Hunter 44.  Long range weather looks good.  The day after the last day of teaching I'll fly back to Portland with a tan.

Below are photos of our new Catalina 445, "Pitch n Roll", taken during our afternoon of match racing.  I was on our Catalina 440, while Capt Patrick was on the 445.  He beat me with the new boat - two out of three races.     





No comments:

Post a Comment